Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Thanksgiving wrap up.

So, yes, I have finally made it to the Thanksgiving part of our week-long trip! 

Buuut, before I get too turkey-happy, I have to drop a few pics from our traditional pre-Thanksgiving beach trip.. 
This year it was a pretty nippy, so we made it short and sweet.. as always, we had a great spread to keep us happy and warm: 






We played a little three flags up. We didn't have it in us to engage in a full-on game like last year.. but there was still some good contact going on. I can't remember if tosh caught this one, but I love the eyes closed hands up technique!










Then, Thursday, we all gathered together for the feast.. I think the count was 44, we keep growing every year! It's great, especially with the beautiful house our relatives, the Bakers, open up for these grand events: 


  






Then after filling our tummies we took a plethora of family pictures: 


  



 

We tried our luck in the family picture photoshoot: 



I think we still got some glamour in us. :)


Thanks for joining my recap our or lovely week off... It's been a little rocky trying to get back into the groove of things.


In this season of thankfulness I keep trying to remind myself to "devote myself to prayer, being watchful and thankful" (Col 4:2)...Being aware of what God's doing around us and praying into these small movements is part of knowing what you're thankful for and responding to it. Whether I'm having a conversation with a coworker or shopping for gifts... God is constantly seeking to draw us closer to Himself and those around us.


Lord, help me to stay alert to what you're doing in this crazy time called the Holidays.. Help me to have good priorities. 

No comments:

Post a Comment