Sunday, September 25, 2011

Mist


Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes.~James 4:13

On our road trips, Ryan and I sometimes read books out loud to each other.. like books on tape live! Right now we're reading Crazy Love by Francis Chan. In the most recent chapter Chan talks about the brevity of life and asks how we are living our two-fifths of a second in the overall story that God has been creating for so long. 
It's a good reminder, and a good inward check. Am I doing everything for the Glory of God? (Cor 10:31) 

This last week a student from Ryan's College was shot in Chico. His name was David Yang. I had met him once when I went up to visit Ryan in Redding and we ended up playing volleyball with him and bunch of his friends. One of the nicest, friendliest guys with such contagious joy. He was on the road to becoming a pastor and had been married for three years.
I subbed in a 6th grade the day after the incident and the students were reading current event articles in class. David Yang's article came up over and over again, it made my heart sore listening to students repeat the facts monotonously, so jaded by the world. 

I keep thinking about what things God had planned for him. How there are so many people that are  going to miss out now that he is no longer with us. I feel like I knew him so well even though I only met him for a few hours. That's what it looks like to be filled with Christ's joy and life..It's memorable. 

I pray that the joy of Christ in me will pour out just like David's did. That God's love would seen in me,just day-to-day interactions. I pray that I could be light and salt even in the little things.. 

Lord surround David's family and friends as they mourn, may your peace fall on them. 
Amen. 


No comments:

Post a Comment