Just returned from a weekend-long "plunge" into our city- journeying into the reality how broken we are and how much we need the faith, hope and love that come through Christ. We went through a local church that I love and adore called Orchard Church. Lots of good reminders of what we're called to as Jesus' disciples -- brought me back down to reality.
I will definitely post some more pictures and thoughts hopefully tomorrow, but as I prep those, here's a little blog-holder since it's been awhile:
Check out this little doll house made by a mother to her daughter... and it's made from a vintage suitcase.
If I had gone for a short wedding dress, the one on the right could've had a lot of potential.
I'm a big breakfast fan, love late morning breakfasts, breakfasts for dinner, lunch, dessert... and hence, I'm drawn to these cute bite-sized bacon and eggs combo from The Noshery (http://thenoshery.com/2009/03/29/a-two-bite-breakfast/)
These will be made soon.
Bacon & Eggs in Toast Cups (6 cups)
6 slices of bread
6 slices of bacon
1/2 cup of shredded cheese
salt & pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray muffin pan with butter non-stick spray.
2. Using a cookie cutter, cut circles out of bread slices about 3 inches in diameter. (I confess I do not have a cookie cutter so I use the lid to my tub of orzo pasta and just cut around the edges ;D)
3. Take bread circles and press them into the muffin pan, set aside.
4. Heat a large skillet on medium-high. Cook bacon on the skillet until partially cooked but still pliable, about 3 minutes.
5. Shape bacon strips into the toast cups, fill with 1 Tbs of shredded cheese. Place in the oven for 5 minutes, allowing the bacon to toast just a little more. Remove from oven.
6. Crack your egg and separate out most of the egg white. Drop eggs into the cups, sprinkle with salt & pepper to taste. Place back in the oven and cook until white begins to set, about another 8 – 10 minutes. The yolk should be creamy.
7. Remove from oven when done and pop out using a spoon, serve warm.