Tuesday, April 12, 2011

This and that.

Hello dear followers-- whoever out there who has been missing me this last week. : ) 
This past week was kind of packed even though I only subbed once! I've started prepping for a summer camp that I'm going to be coordinating for a school in the area. I'm so excited! I'm actually in the process of gathering ideas and fun games/projects, so if you have a pearl of wisdom for me please leave a comment: a successful camp experience, a game you LOVE, a fun science experiment. Here are our themes to get you brain cranking: camping, olympics,game shows, cooking, water games, mad scientist, global trek, time machine, traveling teamwork (survivor/amazing race). Don't you want to come? Well come! haha. 
Check out some of my highlights from the week: 


1. While eating at the Shack and looking for ziplock bags we found a whole population of SHOWER CAPS!! hahaha. Silly boys. I don't even know. 




2. Ambrosia Parfait!
For a bible study dinner I made this ambrosia fruit salad that was pretty fantastic. I was telling Ryan about how my past ambrosia's haven't been the biggest hit. I once made it for bible study, put it in a baggy and when I pulled it out of my backpack and it literally looked like a bag of barf. (not the most appetizing mental picture to promote this salad) buuuut. look at how my presentation looks here in the pic with a little granola sprinkled on top-- a la parfait!!

Ingredients

  • 1/2  (7 ounce) can EAGLE BRAND® Sweetened Condensed Milk
  • 3 oz. sour cream (we eyeballed it)
  • 1/4 cup lime juice
  • 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
  • 2  can mandarin orange slices, drained (reserve several for garnish, if desired)
  • 1 1/2 cups grape halves
  • 1 cup white miniature marshmallows
  • 1 (3.5 ounce) can flaked coconut

  • First whisk together the sour cream, Sweetened condensed milk, and lime juice . Mix all the fruit together (don't forget to drain the cans first) and then marshmallows and coconut and then the put the whisked sauce in and mix! 
  • Add granola if you desire. : ) We desired. 

  • 3. Made!
  • We made the Ginger Scallion Beef with Caitlin this week~ decent, I still recommend it!



 4. A Surprise Visit from: Mari!!
My dear cousin Mari, came to visit last minute this last week from the Bay. Unfortunately she came the day I lost my phone so they finally got a hold of Ry and I after dinner. So we had a crepe night with her and Sarah and Mokes and looked at some of the attic pics. I'd post some more really cute ones of Bethany, my little sister, but I have to ask her first. : )




Our happy crepe-maker!

.. and before she left the next morning, we got to have Panini's together~ George Foreman style~ pesto, turkey, pepper jack, spinach, yuuuum!


5. Sickness
So, do you remember when I was ridiculously sick? Well, Ryan began having these craaazy allergies that totally wiped him out.. and then the allergies turned into the flu. (he says he read that this happens... on the internet. ) I think I gave my poor Ryry my sickness. Even though I had this tissue technique going last week.. I got a pic of Ry sporting it: I called him my little dragon.. Cute huh? 



Well, hopefully be on here sooner than later! Don't give up on me yet! :) Have a fantastic week and don't forget to comment with great camp ideas!
Na

No comments:

Post a Comment