Monday, April 4, 2011

De' Inspiration

I'm finally back on my two feet again and so excited about it!
Now I just need to make sure not to overdo it so  I don't relapse. 


I think once a week I'm going to try to "De' Inspiration" which include these three D's: 

A DIY idea: 
 Cinderblock planters: easy, attractive and affordable!


A Dress
In hopes of summer drawing near, I love this cute striped dress- the Vneck, the massive pockets.. : )
 and... Delicioso!
a recipe or inspiring food that I've tried or will try and attempt:


This looks like a simple stir-fry from a blog called Almost Bourdain:
(http://almostbourdain.blogspot.com/2011/04/ginger-scallion-beef.html)

Ginger Scallion Beef: 
Serves 4

600 g rump steak, thinly sliced
4 stalks scallion, cut into 5cm length
100 g ginger, thinly sliced
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp cornflour
1 tbsp oil
Salt & white pepper
Splash of sesame oil

Method

  1. Marinate beef slices with soy sauce, cornflour and oil for 15-30 minutes.
  2. Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a wok under high heat until smoking hot.
  3. Add sliced ginger and give it a quick stir for a minute.
  4. Add beef and scallions and quickly stir fry for a further 1-2 minutes until the beef turned brown and just cooked and scallions are slightly wilted.
  5. Season with salt and white pepper and add a splash of sesame oil. Mix well and serve immediately with steamed rice.

I think this may be dinner tomorrow. That's all for tonight, hope you all made it through Monday madness. 
Na

No comments:

Post a Comment