Wednesday, April 13, 2011

De' Inspiration dos

DIY: goggle head rest
So I love this. I'm really into home-made, creative ideas so this cracks me up. We all have been on long, bus/train rides and have partaken in the sleeping bobble-head experiences, where you're plagued by sleep and can NOT find a place to rest your head w/o slamming into the window or getting unintentionally cuddley with the stranger next to you. 
So check this out!: 



Dress: Halle Barry in Marchesa at red carpet 2011... 
fabulous tulle party. So elegant yet so fun. That's probably why I went for tulle for my wedding dress.. Isn't it fantastic?

 Delicioso: Lemon Bars
Made these twice this last week. I remember my brother, Daniel, really got into making this when he went to college- i was impressed. Now I know how easy it is to whoop em up!! I needed a little more lemon zest than I had for my second batch. But pretty much a-okay. 




Lemon Bars
·         1 cup unsalted butter
·         2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
·         1/2 cup sifted confectioners' sugar
·         2 cups white sugar
·         4 eggs
·         1 lemon
·         6 tablespoons lemon juice
·         1/2 teaspoon baking powder
·         1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts
·         1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
Directions
1.     Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (160 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 inch pan.
2.     To make crust: In a large mixing bowl, beat together the butter, 2 cups of the flour, and confectioners' sugar until fluffy. Scrape mixture into the pan and smooth. Bake 15 minutes.
3.     In a medium bowl, beat the eggs and sugar. Grate the rind of the lemon and add the rind, along with 6 tablespoons of lemon juice, to the egg mixture. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of flour and the baking powder over the mixture. Fold in the nuts and mix until well blended. Pour the lemon mixture into the crust.
4.     Bake for another 35 minutes, until filling is set. Let cool before cutting.


Hope you guys are making it through Wednesday. Half way through! thumbs up! Don't forget to give me ideas for summer camp. My brain is running right now and ideas would just trigger more fabulous ideas. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment