Thursday, March 1, 2012

Last night for our famfam dinner, I branched out of my Naomi cookbook and made some Jumbalaya! I got it from this cookbook my mother-in-law gave me called 

I was dubious at first and getting un pocito worried, but after letting it simmer for awhile, I simmered down. : ) And it was delicious.

But in the process I decided to try out an art project with the celery we were cutting up. Talk about crafting while cooking, you can call mrs.multi-tasking-genious:





It was great! Another pinterest project completed! And the Jumbalaya was satisfying as well.


Chicken and Sausage Jambalaya: 
Combine in a large saucepan:
1 onion, 4 ribs of celery, 1 1/2 T. salt, 1/4 t. tabasco pepper sauce and 2 qt water (2 L)


Boil rapidly for 10 min. and add:
2 1/2-3 lbs. chicken


Cook until chicken is tender. Skin and debone chicken. You can try and strain some of the fat, keep the stock though. 
Combine and saute in a heavy 5 qt pot: 
1 c onion minced, 2 c uncooked rice, 1 t. salt, 1/4 t pepper, 1/4 t ground red pepper, 1 T. sugar, 1 1/2 T Worcestershire sauce, and 1/2 t crushed thyme. 


Mix well. Heat slowly to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 20-30 min..

~ simmer down now~
Enjoy friends,

Na

No comments:

Post a Comment