Sunday, October 9, 2011

A weekend window:

Friday night we kicked off with some friendly Jenga.
and when I say friendly, I mean that Ryan beat me multiple times and I'm still willing to count it as a weekend activity on my blog. : ) That's pretty friendly of me. 




 Saturday Morning: went to visit our dear Farmers Market:







I was in love with all the colors. I guess Fall really is coming through, I was worried the winter drear had somehow jumped the gun and kicked fall to the curb. No thank you she said. 


Ry jumped into his work this weekend and so that meant more catch-up,  crafting, and cooking for me. 


Here's some evidence: 







I was so excited about the $1 bunch of basil I got a the farmer's market I busted out some homemade Pesto!! Wah-La! Here's the recipe I used:

Ingredients

  • 1 1/2 cups baby spinach leaves
  • 3/4 cup fresh basil leaves
  • 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 4 cloves garlic, peeled and quartered
  • 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
  • 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
  • 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil

Directions

  1. Blend the spinach, basil, pine nuts, Parmesan cheese, garlic, salt, pepper, lemon juice, lemon zest, and 2 tablespoons olive oil in a food processor until nearly smooth, scraping the sides of the bowl with a spatula as necessary. Drizzle the remaining olive oil into the mixture while processing until smooth.




Cheers to a new week friends! I was reminded at church today to take it a day at a time, we have no business stressing about the future. That's not ours to plan. I pray that you will remember this truth as you enter into your daily joys and struggles: 


Gorgeous

Rest in His covenant of Peace, 

Na

No comments:

Post a Comment