Sunday, October 23, 2011

Some eats and feats

Hello friends! 
Sunday night catch up time. Before I get into my weekend, wanted to catch you up on some of the successful eats from this past week. 
While at the grocery store I impulse-bought some spring roll wrappers, which inevitably meant that spring rolls were going to be made before the expiration date. I decided on Wednesday, when Moki came over, because I knew he could appreciate some wannabe Thai food. 
It actually turned out better than I expected: 



You can see a little bit of the process here, the making of the innards (glass noodles, ground pork, carrots, green onions, cilantro, ginger...) The wrapping and frying!! We were stuffed to the brim and topped it off with some pumpkin cupcakes which have been reproducing in our casa.. I've been trying to give them away before I demolish them. It's part of the fall spirit. 


The other success I wanted to share with you, birthed from a massive sugar craving right before Ry and I were going to work out...of course.
my dear friends, please meet: 


Nutella Mug Cake 


I wrote coffee cake in the picture, I don't know why, there is no coffee in this cake, it's just chocolaty goodness and it only takes a WHOPPIN' 1-3 minutes in the microwave! 
Here you go:



Ingredients
4 tablespoons self-rising flour
4 tablespoons sugar
1 egg
3 tablespoons cocoa powder
3 tablespoons Nutella
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
Whipped Cream Topping (if desired)
½ cup heavy cream
1 tablespoon sugar
Directions
Combine all ingredients in a large coffee mug. Whisk well with a fork until smooth. Microwave on high for 1½– 3 minutes. (Time depends on microwave; mine took 1½ minutes.)
Add heavy cream to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment and whip on medium-high speed until almost stiff. Add sugar and beat until heavy cream forms stiff peaks. Top Mug Cakes with whipped cream and a little chocolate sauce, if desired.

And here's a little peek my weekend:

Lots of cleaning and recuperating. Three loads of laundry! -which we got to fold while watching Friday Night Lights! :)There are perks to cleaning. 

'

Though not pictured- because I forgot my camera- I did spend some time at Peets with my studious Ry and Moki and then ditched to go to a game night~ which included some pumpkin carving.. but we ended our weekend well, driving a little bit out of Chico to enjoy some non-competitive disc golfing while watching the sunset... we're lucky to live in Chico. 





Much Love, 
Na

3 comments:

  1. Non competitive game of disc golf? Is that possible?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wanted to let you know.. that one of your very good friends LOVES spring rolls (and chocolatey things in cups) and would probably be super excited if this blog were recreated next time she's at your house :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The boys didn't want to keep score for some reason... guess they don't count as good as I do and maybe they were embarrassed. :)
    .. and yes, I would love to make more spring rolls!

    ReplyDelete