Can't believe a week has already gone by. Unfortunately this weekend vanished just as quickly, most likely due to my 2 hour nap this afternoon-- I can't believe I do that every Sunday. It just sucks me in somehow.
Despite the nap I have a few fun things to show you.
First off a little flash back into the week, wanted to share with you our winner dinner... and no, we didn't just have garlic fries for dinner, it was paired with some lovely breaded talapia that Ry made, but the fries were lovely success:
- Preheat oven to 225°C/440° F.
- Combine the garlic and oil in a large bowl, warming it until the garlic is fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Transfer 5 tablespoons of the oil (leaving the garlic in the bowl) to the baking dish, coating it well.
- Add the potatoes to the bowl with the garlic mixture and toss to coat. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and microwave on high power until the potatoes are translucent around the edges, 3 to 6 minutes, shaking the bowl to redistribute the potatoes halfway through cooking.
- Combine the cornstarch, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and cayenne in a small bowl. Sprinkle over the hot potatoes and toss well to coat.
- Arrange the potatoes in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet and bake, turning once, until deep golden brown and crisp, 30 to 40 minutes.
I've been eyeing a remaining dollop of pumpkin puree in the fridge, and so to my inconsistent genius I decided on Pumpkin french toast for our Saturday morning brunch. Simple, delish and it made it feel like Fall...
Ry and I also helped out our "Caring Communities" team this Saturday at our apartment complex with their Harvest Party. Orange and black streamers, Apple Cider, Pumpkin painting and a Carving demo... I got to work with the kids at the craft station, hence many pictures of googly-eyed pumpkins: (you can tell that some adults got sucked in)
.. and this was my pumpkin: the jailbird.
and to end a good day we opted for some thai tea and stroll around the neighborhood. I love walks with my love. Especially this time of year before our buns are freezing off, we need to savor the little warmth left.
Have a splendid Monday, friends, and a Happy Halloween! Can't wait to see some creative costumes tomorrow at school. It's my fav.