Saturday, June 11, 2011

Week one: check!

Dear friends and family~
I have successfully made it through week one at Sunzone Summer Camp!Our camping theme had us busy making s'mores, singing camp songs,  collecting clams at the creek and running around prepping water ballloons, scavenger hunts and all sorts of things... 


Aside from the stress of making sure everything is running relatively smoothly from prepping materials to finding the owner of a abandoned pair of underwear--it was a joy watching the kids play in the creek and write in the camper journals and laugh at our silly skits. 




 I was just reading from Luke 18 this morning about how the disciples were scolded when they tried to shoo off the little kids. This is what Jesus said:
"Let these children alone. Don't get between them and me. These children are the kingdom's pride and joy. Mark this: Unless you accept God's Kingdom in the simplicity of a child, you'll never get in"... (msg)

These precious kids--- hold part of the secret to the Kingdom!... Lord help me not to forget this as I rush around putting together all the scatter pieces.

This last week's theme was also thanksgiving, and boy am I thankful for the way God has faithfully brought be through this week~ next week's theme is Perseverance!! Keep me in your prayers!!

Naomi

No comments:

Post a Comment