Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Up to the highest heights...



I'm going to start this blog with another fun add I found. I'm not exactly sure what it's for, but I'm sure you get the point. Cute huh?. 
Every once in awhile, it's healthy to dig up those childhood roots. Deep, deep down. Deeper down for some than others, but deep down there nonetheless. It's good to break free from the dull drone of monotony, the weight of life and all it's expectations.. and remember how to play.. or how to rest well. 
Whether it's playing in the mud or sand, climbing a tree, cooking something absolutely messy and terrible for you--or just writing a long, endless story. It's therapeutic and healthy. It can also be a form of "sabbath".. rest. worship. 
Here's our Sabbath adventure from Sunday evening: 







What we thought might be a windy evening ended up being a little-short-gusts-wind evening, which meant that we were running... a lot.. in the swampy, gushy, mushy mire of upper bidwell... and with my holy boots on, which meant soggy socks on a cold evening. but----as I said... reaching into that childhood recklessness.. 
it was good.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment