Thursday, May 24, 2012



Here are some highlights from last weekend! 
So much happened I really should put it in multiple posts, but then you wouldn't get the whole picture. :) We must credit the chaos. 

The shenanigans all started when I saw this on the closet door~ you sneaky husband! 
I was convinced it was a basket of puppies, but Ry said he wasn't cruel enough to leave puppies in a closet for days on end. 


Then we had a semi-surprise guest stroll into town Thursday night, so we headed to farmer's market and Chico's famous ice cream parlor: Shuberts...











We tried to stay up until midnight to celebrate the first moments of my aging, but at 11:30 we felt fatigued and old so we moved the minute hand forward, snapped a picture and peaced out. Yeah-- I totally just told on us~ but I can't start lying at 25. 


These two birthday elves were up in the kitchen in the morning working on a amazing breakfast, I took charge of the cinnamon swirl pancakes and they turned out to be cinnamon explosion pancakes with nothing that even resembled a swirl of any type... Good thing they still tasted pretty delish especially with ry's cream cheese frosting. 
Check out the awesome eggs Benedict they made me~! It was by request and they totally nailed it! My very first eggs Benedict experience=success. 

 






Then in the evening, these two lovelies arrived all the way from LA! 
How lucky we are to have such amazing family that love us enough to come up just for a quick weekend trip! I do feel the love. 

15 minutes after their arrival we decided to drive them off to Vina, a small town nearby that has a monastery known for their wine-making. Every month they have a little release party and so we decided to show it off to our LA visitors... It was a perfect evening..









The Saturday morning we had a family breakfast with Moki and Rachel. We feasted on a hash brown egg bake and some tasty french toast. I'll share the recipe below. You have to use the big fat french toast bread though.. works best. 



Fluffy French Toast
·         1/4 cup all-purpose flour
·         1 cup milk
·         1 pinch salt
·         3 eggs
·         1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
·         1 teaspoon vanilla extract
·         1 tablespoon white sugar
·         12 thick slices bread

Directions

1.    Measure flour into a large mixing bowl. Slowly whisk in the milk. Whisk in the salt, eggs, cinnamon, vanilla extract and sugar until smooth.
2.    Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium heat.
3.    Soak bread slices in mixture until saturated. Cook bread on each side until golden brown. Serve hot.

From Breakfast we went to farmer's market to dilly dally around. I thought it would be nice to take a dip in the pool after, so we headed home with what I were only some chill afternoon plans. Little did I know that Ry had planned a little....












oh by the way... Look at what the mystery puppies ended up being!

Such a great gift! I'll have to serenade you once I get some songs down..

No comments:

Post a Comment