Friday, May 13, 2011

Sweet Hellos and Goodbyes.

It's so strange, I posted this blog a few days ago, and for some reason it disappeared. 
Oh strange, internet, how you confuse me. 

Last week my good friend, Stephen, was in town visiting from Australia and Ry and I took him around to the must-see's of Chico. It's always fun having your past and present world collide for a brief second. Kind of throws you for a loop. 





After a packed week, we hustled down to Walnut Creek for a last time reunion of the Groot-Fitz family before my dad left to go back to Thailand. My brother, Daniel, and and my sister-in-law, Sarah, came up from L.A. and we got to celebrate mother's day, my brother's transition into full-time ministry and just being together this past year. 
We spent Mother's day groot-style with a hardy crepe and mini-quiche breakfast, some friendly competition and some good laughs. 





We spent one afternoon swimming at our uncle's gorgeous house that was just completed. Look at our asian-touristy selves taking a picture in front of it. hahah. 
I wanted to give a shout out to my cousin, Kirsten, who was up from LA for the weekend and was feeling a little gypped not to be a cousin in the blog, so here's to Kirst-- ms.Fantastic, who is moving up to the Bay this summer!! We're going to pull all of you So-cal people up here! 
Our weekend ended at a little whole-in-the-wall Mexican restaurant with my parents-- munching on some delicious tacos, fatty burritos, and talking about where our future may be taking us. 
Oh transitions, how you leave us in limbo! 


Dad, I'm going to miss having you around. :( Good thing Christmas isn't too far off!
Cheers to Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment